Friday, April 22, 2011

Awakening Your Inner Child...by Wendy!

I simply enjoyed reading Wendy's experience about awakening her inner child during the meditation we did at the yoga class on April 19th!
We both decided to post it on my blog so you can all enjoy it as much as we did!
Wendy is a young mother of 3 and you can see how playful her inner child is:)
You can find the post on her blog Tarot Mom:
Click here to read Wendy's comment on her blog

or you can read it right here:

Awakening Your Inner Child
At my yoga class last night we did a meditation on contacting and nurturing our inner child. With the music playing we all sat in a meditation position and found our inner child so we could send them love and compassion and get to know them. It's not the first time I've done an Inner Child meditation... but I haven't done this often enough!

  • My inner child - a curious and playful little blonde girl was so happy to have me come visit.. she just couldn't sit still! I ended up laying on my belly, with my knees bent so my feet were up in the air, waggling back and forth; my elbows bent and my head propped up on my hands... the way I used to lay on the floor to watch a movie. (like in the picture above) Once I was laying in this position and letting my inner child get the movement she wanted to have, I just stayed there with her, talking to her... telling her all the things a child needs to hear.

I love you.
You're Beautiful.
You're so smart.

This is fun, what should we do next?
My inner child wants to watch The Sound of Music. My inner child wants to dance. My inner child wants to color and draw. My inner child wants to read a book, go out in nature, look at horses, ride a swing....
  • Really, I can do any of these things... I think this meditation showed me how easy it would be to nurture my Inner Child by doing these things; and how peaceful and joyful I can feel after just spending a few minutes with my inner child. In the class we talked about how children need nurturing and love or they become angry, depressed, and act out. It is the same with our Inner Child, which is the root of our innocent nature... a part of us that is truly connected to the Divine. Spending time with our Inner Child and sending her/him loving and nurturing feelings will help awaken our natural connection to The Divine. A child that is well nurtured and loved is trusting, loving, has peace of mind, and can naturally see the Fairies and Angels or feel their presence. You can stop by "Open Your Heart Project" to read more about awakening your Inner Child and opening your Heart (my Yoga instructor's blog!)http://openyourheartproject.blogspot.com/
I remember a couple years ago I read about making an altar to honor your Inner Child. Just set up a small table or area with things that you liked as a child, things that make your Inner Child happy. This area is meant to show Honor, Respect, and Love to your Inner Child, as well as remind you to take time with her/him each day. So today I set up this little altar....
I have a Tinkerbell painting I've been working on with my daughter, a couple little unicorn figurines, some crayons and crystals, and my favorite childhood book, "Wait Till Helen Comes" by Mary Downing Hahn. I haven't read that book since I was 12 or 13, but I think it's time to read it again. I will also be trying to find more time to color, paint, play outside, and yes, I might even watch The Sound of Music!
Last night after our meditation I drew a card from the Healing With The Fairies Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue. We asked the Fairies to bring us a message... and that message seemed to go perfectly with our journey to Awaken our Inner Child.... I will tell more about that in the next blog post!"

No comments:

Post a Comment